This weekend my Mom treated me to a wonderful gift. Tickets for Time Out For Women in the Portland Conference Center. This is an incredible touring conference for women put on by Deseret Book. We enjoyed two sessions of inspiring, funny and motivational talks and music. My mom and I met up in Salem and drove together to the Embassy Suites right next to Washington Square. We got to do a little bit of shopping and eat dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I love that place! We made it to the conference center just in time thanks to the wonderful invention of navigation in cars! I don't think I could ever find my way anywhere in Portland without it! However, I do have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with my navigation lady. I made several wrong turns, but I blame her for poor instructions. She is very patient though...she never yelled at me for making a wrong turn, she just recalculated the route and proceeded to tell me where to turn. I'm sure in her computer brain she was thinking what a moron I was for not following her directions but she never let me know that! I however had no problem yelling at her for giving me uncertain directions at times. But that's why I went to Time Out For Women...to better myself!
I left the conference so uplifted and joyful. This feeling has carried me through the next few days and I keep praying that it won't go away. I know eventually it probably will with all the different pulls in life, but I'm trying hard to keep this joyful feeling I have.
So this photo is of a group of wonderful women from both my mom's ward and my sister's ward in Eugene and my cousin Susan! It was so good to see you Suz! They all came up to TOFW together and also stayed at our same hotel. I can't tell you how kind and friendly they all are and I was just so impressed with them! I wish Rachel and her sister were in the photo too! It was so fun to meet and visit with all of you! Wasn't it an amazing conference?

I'm looking forward to going again next year. In the meantime, I'll be reading the books and listening to the music I purchased there. Good stuff!
5 comments:
I had such a great time. Loved the talks and the music. And the food. And the friends. And of course, seeing you and Aunt Leslie there was a treat.
I wish I had a picture with you in it! Will you send me a copy?! Email Susieq or ask Jessie for my email ok?
Thanks for all the extra pictures on my camera. Your gum looked EXTRA appetizing!
Super fun seeing you! ☺
Didnt you love the music from Jason Deere! He was awesome! Too bad we didnt see each other there. Glad you liked it!
Look at all of you in your cute fall clothes! Can you tell I'm sick of 90 degree weather?!
All of your posts about TOFW are getting me so excited for ours this weekend!
I'm SO mad at myself for not grabbing my camera and getting a pic with you. Dangit! It would've been proof that blogging buddies can be real life friends, too. :)
SO fun seeing you and giving you a HUG!
Post a Comment