Do you ever have the kind of day where you feel like you are forgetting something but you just can't remember what it is? I checked my planner three times just to make sure I wasn't forgetting an appointment or something, but the "feeling" just lingered. I went about my day cleaning up the after breakfast rush mess, calling Pete to let him know he left his new planner on the kitchen counter and that I was holding it ransom until he showed up with a Diet
Pepsi Big Gulp for me in return ;) Some days you just need a little pick-me-up. I discovered a
gmail account I had forgotten all about since 2006! Spent too much time reading through really old messages that I'd never seen before! (by the way
Bekka, your
dog is really cute!) Realized the time and rushed to get dressed and out the door with the boys to get some errands done before Brooklyn was done with school. Decided I had just enough time to run to Costco before making it home to greet Brooklyn at the bus stop. It was perfect timing! I pulled into the garage, let the boys out and walked down the street to meet the bus...only the bus never came. I checked my watch. I was right on time, the bus must be running a little late. The bus must be running really late now. THEN IT HIT ME!!!!! Today is Wednesday...early release day!!! I WAS LATE!!! I had completely spaced the fact that I should have been at that bust stop 45 minutes earlier. I rushed back to the house feeling panicked...my poor little girl...where is she now? The light on the answering machine was flashing. There was a message from her bus driver telling me he figured I'd forgotten today was early release and that he'd kept her on the bus to finish his route until he heard from me. I called him back immediately and he had just finished his route and would swing back by to drop her off. RELIEF! I felt so dumb and incapable and knew my mothering
license would be revoked somehow. I was so overjoyed to see that big yellow school bus coming up the street. He said Brooklyn had a good time and he even helped her put her tennis shoe back on before she got off, and gave her a sucker and two more for her brothers and put me at ease about my forgetfulness. I love that man! So thank you, Glen the
bus driver for taking such good care of the precious cargo you haul. I owe you one! I am feeling really grateful for you today.
10 comments:
Okay so that almost made me cry!
Hurray for good bus drivers! Hurray for good moms who remember the important stuff before it's too late! (I wonder what he would have done with Brooklyn if you had never called him back?)
Oh, I am so glad she was safe! How nice of the bus driver. Did you make it up to Brooklyn by getting ice cream! YUM
Oh, how I feel for you. That would be scary and I could see myself panic as well. You did great and I don't think they will take a parent lic. for that...
It took me so long to get in the groove of early release Wednesdays. It's such a dumb thing. 1 hour different 1 day a week. Ridiculous in my opinion. I'm glad you have such a great bus driver!
I KNEW he was a cool bus driver!
Glad your little Brooklyn was in good hands.
I'm so glad everything worked out well! It has taken me the longest time to get used to those early out days:)
Go Glen! First teaching her to cross the street, now this! He rocks!
I hate those forgetful days. Glad it all worked out, and glad she just had a fun time on the bus!
That's funny and scary. At least it's only been once my neighbor forgets quite a bit. Her kids always come to my house if their mom isn't home. Then I spend the next 1/2 hour trying to track down their mom. Oh well we're all human:)
Post a Comment