I remember to brush my teeth every morning, get dressed, and I never forget to put on my watch. When I leave the house I always remember my purse and mostly all the sometimes I remember my cell phone (If it's already in my purse). So why oh why do I ALWAYS forget the camera???!!!!! Since it's the end of spring (yeah right) break, Pete took part of the day off and we took the kids to the Working Wonders Children's Museum here in Bend. It was our compromise to not being able to go to the coast since winter reared its ugly head again in the end of March! I'm not surprised, it pretty much always snows in March and April here but I'm just bugged. I was soooooooo looking forward to going to the beach, but it turned out to be such a fun morning spent at Working Wonders! The kids loved every second spent there and stayed busy trying every activity offered. Now's when I beat myself up for forgetting the camera. I missed photos of each of the kids working the cash register and shopping in the grocery store, making pizza's at the pizza parlor, being a veterinarian at the animal hospital, building things, discovering things, and just thoroughly enjoying themselves. I wished I had photos of Brooklyn making her dad Mexican food in the little Latin village, or wearing doctor scrubs as she bandaged up a big stuffed dog. I want a photo of the boys sitting together at a table playing with play dough, and with the two of them jumping in a pool of balls.
So Mom, family and friends, you're just going to have to imagine how cute it all was since I can't seem to ever remember to bring a camera along to anything we do!
Avenger’s
8 years ago
10 comments:
You described it so well I could totally imagine it.
Sorry about the cancelled trip to the coast. I know you were looking forward to that.
I do the same thing--I don't know what it is about the camera, but I rarely remember it, either. Even when I do, I forget to take pics. Same with the video camera, we got a new one at Christmas and have only used it twice!
The museum sounds really fun! We'll have to check out our local Children's Museum.
Sorry about your long winter! Hope you can play in the sun again soon!
Bummer! I will tell you a trick that you might already know but -I just got a cell with a camera. The pictures don't turn out as well as a regular camera but at least you can capture the moment even if you forget your camera.Better luck next time!
I have the same problem. Thats why I'm asking for a camera phone for mothers day. :)
It sounds like fun. I could totally picture your kids and their activities. At least you wrote about it so you will always have a record of the memory (if you print it out). I have a friend who keeps a disposable camera in her purse for unexpected kodak moments. Of course, it is film then instead of digital, but I use both.
I'm bummed you didn't have your camera too! I would've loved to have those photos of my niece and nephews.
On another note, I have a friend who is so worried about getting pictures of her children at every second that it seems maybe she misses out on just being in the moment with them. Some memories are meant for the memory too. If only we could photoshop what was in our mind's eye.
Love you kelli. I'm excited to read up on the posts I've missed.
Ah, a woman of my own heart. BTW - I wasn't able to talk Pat into the necessity of having an ultra thin digital camera for my purse when I have a perfectly good, if not slightly chunky, digital camera that I just always forget.
The weather was wild at the coast! Hopefully I'll get some photos posted on my blog in the next couple days for you to see. This was the first time I've witnessed in person it snowing at the beach.
BUSTED!
Lauri mentioned to me tonight that you made a comment about me not commenting on your blog... but only reading it. I didn't want to freak you out, I guess, that some strange woman was reading your blog! :)
So here I am...
fessing up...
reading your blog...
AND commenting.
I do enjoy seeing photos of your darling children and hearing stories of them. You remind me so much of your sis, it's great.
Now that I'm here and voicing my thoughts, I'll just let you know it's time for a new post. ;)
Hugs!!
Ok kelli, I know I've been slackin too but since this is the only way I've been getting updates on you and my niece and nephews I must insist that you post again already. Seriously. Its April now and I check your blog as often as I get on the internet. New pics? New words? New Brooklyn funnies? I know you got something...quit holding out on us!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment