Wednesday, March 12, 2008

never take good times for granted

This morning Pete was playing with Zachy, throwing him up in the air and catching him. Something happened to his back while doing this and he was in a lot of pain. I was really worried about him because of the amount of pain he was in and he couldn't get into any position to give him any relief. I gave him some pain medication I had left over from my surgery back when I was pregnant with the boys hoping it would bring him some relief. I left him lying on the floor in agony to tend to kids who needed to get dressed and fed breakfast. I finally got out the door to take Brooklyn to school (only 40 minutes late!) and expected to find him still lying on the floor when I got back, but he was gone. He'd gone to work anyway and was just getting by.

Meanwhile, on my way home from dropping off Brooklyn, Ryan threw-up all over himself and his car seat. I was hoping he was feeling better today but I was wrong. He's been throwing up since Monday night and can't keep anything down. He doesn't have a fever, but is acting very tired and listless. He just wants me to hold him so he can sleep in my arms....to bad he weighs 34 lbs! I have very tired biceps.

So I get the boys in the house, strip Ryan out of his disgusting clothes and get him in the tub. We sat the rest of the morning in his room rocking in the rocking chair while he tried to sleep, with Zachy crying for me to hold him too and read him a book. He eventually wandered off into the toy room and entertained himself with his talking piggy bank and some books and let Ryan have his mommy all to himself.

Later, I realized my delima of picking Brooklyn up from school since I couldn't put Ryan back into his car seat which was still full of puke. So I called Pete to see how he was doing and if he could pick her up which he did. He dropped her off at home then went back to work, but that didn't last very long since a few minutes later he called me asking me to meet him out in the driveway with a wet rag. He had thrown up too! I don't know if he's sick from the pain meds or if he's got what Ryan has, but he came home to sleep for awhile. Poor guy just got up and went back to work to meet clients there. I hope he makes it!

The day started out so good and went so bad so so quickly.

Oh no....I think I feel a little nausea coming on!

6 comments:

Lakes are Great said...

I am feeling sick again just reading this...i'm not even kidding!

Sally F said...

Oh man, those bugs can come on so quickly!! I hope you don't get it. MISERY!

traci said...

I'm so sorry Kelli! I hope everyone is doing better.

Alex said...

The worse thing ever is to wash carseats. That really sucks. Hope you all are doing better today

SusieQ said...

No fun. Hope you are all feeling better really soon!

Lisa said...

Oh, Kelli, I hope you guys are feeling better. It is no fun at all when the kids are sick, but when the parents are sick too it is just pure misery.