Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm feeling grateful

I just finished reading an article from the Meridian Magazine daily emails I get. It was about the Wilkinson family (no relation) who had quintuplets. I am in awe of mothers of multiples. I thought having two at the same time would do me in, actually I still think that some days. But these mothers such as the one in this article just amaze and inspire me. I love reading their stories because somehow it makes me put my life in better perspective. I can surely handle two if they are managing 5! Watching the t.v program John & Kate plus 8 does the same thing for me. They have twin girls and then just wanted one more, and got sextuplets! I can relate to the stress of it all, but it makes me feel calmer (and grateful) since I was blessed with only twins. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed going grocery shopping or running errands with the kids, but then I look at these families and I think, well at least we all fit in one cart! And I'm grateful for the fact that I can take them out by myself and somehow we manage.

I know God has a purpose for each of us and many times I feel he has given me more than I can handle, but I was wrong. I am grateful for his loving guidance and patience with me to get to where he wants me to be. I hope to get there sometime in this lifetime! I am grateful for my own personal miracles he has so kindly blessed me with.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Isn't it funny how little things like that can open up our eyes to all the blessings and miracles around us? It is amazing how much God loves us and how much he blesses us with. As a mother of only one baby at a time, I am in awe of you! You're a great mom!

Sally F said...

I only have one and sometimes I feel overwhelmed! Isn't it nice to have moments like that where you can step back from the chaos that is your life and appreciate what you do have?

That John and Kate Plus Eight show is amazing, isn't it?! I'm glad those babies are getting older. It was really really crazy there for awhile!