I took the girls (Brooklyn, Kaitlin and her cousin Kennedy) to the Hanna Montana 3-D movie Saturday afternoon. I hoped it would serve as a good distraction for Kaitlin since her Mom couldn't drive over the pass to visit her because of the snow. She LOVED it and so did her cousin. Brooklyn got bored and I have to admit so did I a little. I did crack up when Brooklyn kept asking me where all the people in the front rows went, so I tried to explain how 3-D worked but she just kept taking her glasses on and off to figure it out. All three girls would reach out to grab something that appeared to be right in front of them. That was cute! We ate lunch at Subway then headed back home after a quick stop at a snowboard shop that was having a fundraiser with a mini mountain set-up with snow and ramps. I can't believe how young some of the kids were going down the ramps! Brave.
When everybody left our house Brooklyn sobbed that she couldn't go with them. I have never seen her so upset...and that's saying something! She wanted so badly to be able to keep playing with the girls and threw the mother of all tantrums. She is quite the emotional girl....I wonder where she got it? So I tried to calm her and sympathize with how she was feeling and try to come up with a solution, so we called a friend in the neighborhood to see if she wanted to play, but being that it was now 4:00pm she couldn't so we decided to get on her scooter and go down to a neighbors house at the end of our cul-de-sac whom we hadn't met yet but I was pretty sure her son went to Brooklyn's preschool and introduce ourselves and see if he wanted to come outside and play. It turned out to be wonderful. This little boy and Brooklyn had a blast playing together and his Mom and I got to hang out and get to know each other. I never would have walked down to their house if Brooklyn hadn't been so desperate for a friend, so I guess good things come out of desperation sometimes.
In the meantime while all this was going on, Pete had taken the boys to get haircuts. When they got back Pete must have gotten distracted because the boys ended up flooded their bathroom with water. They had both sinks running full blast with cups in their hands filling them up and throwing the water everywhere! The office area upstairs was turned inside out and the doors were covered in permanent marker! He swears he only turned his back for like 2 seconds....and know what? that could be true because I know how fast they can wreak havoc!
Avenger’s
8 years ago
5 comments:
Hannah montana is the new fad! Bored with a 3d flick? It must have been not that good cause 3d usually is pretty cool. Brooklyn sounds like how I would be---very emotional. I am sorry, but it made me laugh ( it is easier to laugh when you aren't the one dealing with it right?)
That was cool of you to go find a friend in your neighborhood! I've found that Ty has that effect on me, too, a bit--getting me out of my comfort zone and past my social anxieties!
Those boys--I don't even know what to say, except Bless you and Pete. Bless you.
Kelli! I love that you have a blog too! How in the world did you clean up after those boys. WOW! Busy busy boys.
Alex! I'm glad you found me. email me your blog info so I can check your out! kpbw@hotmail.com
We love Hannah Montana around here. Even Reed, although he would never admit it in public.
How fun for you and Brooklyn to make a new friend in your neighborhood.
Post a Comment