Sunday, March 9, 2008

sweet saturday

I had such a wonderful experience going to the temple early Saturday morning with 4 sisters in my ward. It was so fun getting to know them in a way you just don't get to at church. I love and admire these women and am in awe at their own life stories and spiritual strength. I look forward to more trips with them in the future.

It was a fun trip for me not only because these ladies are so funny, but also for the fact that it was the first time back to the temple for one of them after 8 years, for another it had been 3 yrs, but only can count really on one hand how many times she'd gone since her first time, and then another sister had just taken out her endowments a few months ago. We were all excited to be going, but they weren't shy admitting how nervous they felt after such a long absence. I felt honored to be with them, remembering how easy it is to take things for granted and how special this trip really is.

Seeing their obvious nervousness at a particular part where they are required to remember some things make me giggle. As one sister got up, she had the biggest smile on her face and that just made me beam! I couldn't contain my giggles (not too irreverent though). I loved her enthusiasm for what she was doing and her desire to understand and "get it right".
The other sister I thought was going to pass out! I hope they never call on her to speak in Sac. meeting! I loved teasing her about this.

This trip was one of the happiest moments I've felt in the temple. I couldn't hide my big smile!

I tried to keep this as anonymous as possible, even though these sisters probably don't read my blog I just want to tell them they all touched my heart in a different way and I love them for that. Thank you for an amazing day!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That sounds like a very special day. I like to go to the temple with my husband, but those girls trips are really special too, and in their own special way.

Alex said...

Kelli, Next time you go...will you invite me. I dont get to go too much, infact I have only been the day we got sealed. Would be nice to go....a great pick me up!

Kelli W. said...

Alex, Of course! Plan on it next month. I plan to drive next month and a seat is reserved for you. Can't wait!