Pete and Brooklyn went down the road to plow a family's very long driveway because the Dad is out of town. Brooklyn got off the quad to visit with the kids because she's social that way and Pete left her there thinking she wanted to stay and play and came back to our street to keep plowing. I was in the house oblivious that he had left her there so you can imagine my suprise when the phone rang and it was brooklyn on the other end telling me Dad had left her behind and she wanted to come home! I taught her our phone number and it came in handy because she called home all by herself! I sent Pete back for her and when she came in the house she said, "Mom, I missed you so much! Did you miss me? Were you worried about me?" My heart just melted! She told me how she dialed our numbers and pushed the talk button all by herself and I was so proud of her...and thankful! Now excuse me while I go talk to Pete about leaving our child behind at someones house who she doesn't know!
Avenger’s
8 years ago
4 comments:
That looks like a fun way to plow snow. Your story about Pete made me laugh. I can see my husband doing something like that. I guess I better start teaching my kids their phone number!
Well, I guess Pete wins some and loses some! A couple of posts ago you were singin' his praises, and now he simply leaves your daughter with strangers and he's in the doghouse!
Hi Kell, I'm so jealous about all your snow! If we could just have 3-4 inches for even a day, I'd be a happy camper.
Hey, here's a six degrees of separation story. I was clicking on your friends and family links. Your friend Jennifer has a link to Julie and Rich. Julie is my sister in law's (Nathan's wife) sister. Small world, especially in Mormonville!
Keep enjoying your snow!
Forget pete for now, She really called you??! That brooklyn never ceases to amaze me. I totally would've melted at that. It is a strange thing to me to see how intelligent men can so naively (i'm proud that word didn't get underlined for misspelling) "not get it" when it comes to (what seems to me and you) obvious safety issues or other children related concerns. Makes me happy to hear that Pete has those moments too. Loved seeing the pictures.
Post a Comment