Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan & Zachary!

I guess in my house now the "terrible two's" is officially legal. As I reflect back on the whole two years of their lives I realize there is not a whole lot I can remember! I'm just thankful I have survived! I am a survivor! That's what I am. I can endure to the end. I just hope I can recuperate some of the lost functionings of my cerebral cortex.....or maybe it's the memory loss that helps me survive? Anyway, regardless if I do ever get any smarter or stop having major brain stalls, I couldn't be more grateful for my beautiful baby boys.


We celebrated with our own little family last night when Pete got home from work. He had to go to a signing which made him get home much later than usual, which meant I had to endure an extra hour of Brooklyn asking if we could eat cake now.
They loved their "jungle animal" birthday cake.


For some reason, all three of them wanted the plastic hippo. Why the hippo? I'll never know.


Pete let Zachy just GO FOR IT! Ryan wanted nothing to do with actually eating it.


The end result......he must have snorted the frosting because I was wiping blue snot from his nose all night.

I love that they are two, and even though they were clueless that it was their birthday we had fun celebrating. For Pete and I, it's like we've earned another badge for the year. And for Brooklyn....well, she just loves a party if it means there will be cake!

This video is a little long, but I love how excited Zachy was to get his new "puppy". He was very concerned when it went to sleep and closed it's eyes and was so excited it woke up again!


5 comments:

Lakes are Great said...

Kelli-you sound the same as your mom when you said...brooklyn I'm filming you, you better not get caught being disobidient. Same voice! Happy Birthday Boys!!!!

The Lakes said...

Thank you for sharing some of their birthday with us! I love blogs! I felt like I was there with you! We are so excited to come out this summer! The boys won't even know who we are. :( They are adorable!!! Give all the kiddos big hugs and kiss! We love you all!! Happy Birthday Zach and Ryan!!

H-less said...

Happy Happy Birthday, I think I will have to pick up my phone and call right now since we missed calling on their big day! Thank you so much for posting this video. It was so fun to watch and feel a part of what life must be like with TWO 2 year olds! Man kelli, it must be crazy and yet absolutely wonderful. I feel like Brooklyn is already a teenager. She was cracking me up. She might end up being a bigger hand full than the boys with that brain of hers. I just loved this. Love how sweetly you talk with them. Love picturing how your days must be. Thanks for taking that time to post it! And Happiest twos to those cuties!

Lisa said...

Can you believe it has been two years already? Those pictures of Zachy eating his cake are priceless! I wish we had let Benjamin go at it. Maybe next year.

M Mod said...

Happy Birthday boys! I love being able to keep up with you. Chloe was totally grossed out when I told her about the blue boogers. I don't know why. It's not like I don't tell her five times a day not to eat hers. At least in this case they'd be all sugary.