I've been reading these articles in Meridian Magazine online called The First Principles of Marriage by H. Wallace Goddard. I can't tell you how much they have touched my heart and strengthened my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He writes about how gospel truths help us solve the problems we face in marriage, and can be applied to all our relationships. Here's a quote from chapter one.
"We will only succeed at marriage as we use eternal gospel principles to become more of what God has invited us to become. Marriage is God's graduate school for advanced training in Christian character. Those who are truly successful at marriage are those who are applying the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives."
Even if you feel you have the most perfect, wonderful marriage you still need to read this!
A) Because nobody has a perfect marriage. We all have irritations and breakdowns in communication. And if you claim your marriage is perfect and you have no problems, well, you are probably deceiving yourself.
B) By reading this you will be humbled and come to the understanding that you have a lot of work to do on yourself to live up to Christ's standards. At least that's how I felt!
I have been enjoying reading this and wanted to share it with you guys. Maybe you've already read it since I'm usually the last one to find these little nuggets of gold, but if you haven't read it yet it I urge you to go find it!
After you read it let me know what you think.
Avenger’s
8 years ago
1 comment:
Just printed them all off. Liked what you had to say about them so far, about why we need to read it. Liked the quote about marriage being "God's gradate school for Christian character". I'm looking forward to reading them and talking with you about them...
Post a Comment