Thursday, February 7, 2008

I miss Mitt

Romney suspended his campaign for the better good.....or because he knew he had no way of winning. Either way I'm bummed about it and wished it had been a better outcome for him and for America. I enjoyed his speech and really feel he would have been great. I do believe he will run again in the future and hopefully America will be ready for him then.

I'm torn now because of the fact that I like Obama so much better than McCain. Which isn't hard because I just don't like McCain, nor do I think he is all that trustworthy.....anyway......I'm torn because of Mitt Romney's speech. He would rather have McCain win because of his committment to battling the extremist Jihad. He didn't give him his endorsement or anything but he really doesn't want the election to go to the liberal Democrats.

We need to discuss this topic now. What are your thoughts on the matter?

P.S. Brooklyn wants to tell the world ...."I love you, and I hope you have a great time at Spring when it comes, and I love all the colors of the rainbow, but especially orange.

8 comments:

Sally F said...

I love orange, too, Brooklyn! Purple is my very favorite, though.

I'm so torn, too, Kel. I totally on a personal level like Obama way more than McCain. But then I start thinking about all the things that I don't want Obabma to do: select liberal judges for the supreme court; raise taxes and welfare programs, encouraging a nation of poverty and dependance; give amnesty to all the illegal immigrants; pull troops out almost immediately. If I am wrong on any of these issues, someone please say! I would LOVE to hear it. I would love to know that these aren't Obama's stands on things, but this is what I understand at the moment that he stands for. I don't know his take on healthcare. That would be interesting to hear.

H-less said...

I love Yellow, but not more than I love you Brooklyn.

I can't think too clearly on this one because I have been so emotionally involved. I think I need these few months to decide since right now it's just settling in that Mitt won't be the option.

Part of me want a Dem. I think it is almost impossible to stop them and their momentum right now...why would america want to vote for the boring white man who likes bush and the war..I just get the vibe that CHANGE is going to win out regardless of my vote. But of course I am still going to vote.

So...I can't get over McCain actually lying to me (well it was to everyone but it felt personal)on tv. I get so bored thinking of life with him as the President. I feel like we will be in slow motion and nothing will get done. yet with the dems a lot of what I don't want to get done will be the focus (just as Sal has mentioned.) The biggest thing being abortion. SO hard to vote for someone who is okay with that. That and Jihad extremists & the war- O'bama gave a 18 month timetable for withdrawl, McCain says we could be there for 100 years,I don't know what's REALLY happening over there anyway, so I just can't be the judge on what's best to do.

Yet we definitely can't vote someone just on excitement and because we are bothered with the other candidate. I don't know. When it comes down to it I think I'll vote McCain. But for now I am still bothered with him and can't think of it. Another thing, I know if we have a Dem in there Mitt could come in and win the nomination in 4 years. Seems to work that way- Promising Republican replaces poor Democrat, and vice versa.

This is long. Guess my obsession for the past few weeks is coming through a bit. Keep me posted on your thoughtsas they evolve more.

H-less said...

As for Obama and healthcare, he doesn't think it should be universal like hillary, but what he proposes doesn't make much sense "we'll provide affordable insurance to those who want it"? What? Sounds like it wouldn't be that different than now actually. It's always been a weak subject for him in debates since that's hillary's platform. Man, I miss Mitt too. I was so excited to have him implement what he did as Governor Nation wide for healthcare. I'd personally benefit from that. I think I'm more interested in the Dems primaries now than in anything with McCain...just gonna sit back for a bit

Clean Cut said...

Okay, I'm really on the same page as Sara here. Except for the fact that I can't honestly say I'll be voting for McCain. I've been way too bothered by him. Yet I also see the other side and all the policies that would drive me crazy from Obama and Hilary. Some I would hate; some wouldn't be that bad. But their personalities are so much better than McLame. I too need time to step back and take a break for awhile, because more than wanting to evaluate policies or likabilities--I'm just missing Mitt too. I'm missing what could have been. And yet if I'm honest about what I hope might be (a future Romney run), than it might be better for him to run after 4 years of having a democrat, just like it was for Reagan after Jimmy Carter. Regan too had to wait another 4 years after loosing the nomination to Gerald Ford in 1976. Let's all hope for Romney in 2012. If he's still up for it, he'll still be the best Republican on the horizon.

Kelli W. said...

Thanks for all your inputs guys! I wish we could hang out together, ya know with our feet up on the lazy boy and have a good discussion on the matter. No crying kids of course!

Lisa said...

I have to tell you, Kelly, I am really not a fan of any of the candidates left out there. My mom said she heard a talk show host say that he thinks our country is in trouble no matter who wins this election, so he'd rather see our country fall when a democrat is president than under a republican. That is a pretty sad state of affairs, I think, when you just have to pick between a bunch of candidates that you really don't agree with anyway.

JAMIE said...

i think I feel the same as you---i am too sad to say more on that matter

JAMIE said...

so i just read spencer's comment, and I agree, I don't think i can vote for Mccain...I also can't vote for Hilary. So do I not vote? How do I go about doing this?