Yesterday was definitely a day I felt out-numbered by having twins. Somehow, every so slyly, they have started to shed their sweet baby persona and created this bond to wreav havoc in my life. Ya know, I always wondered what they stayed up talking about in their cribs, instead of going to sleep. They are plotting and planing their next attack plan. If only they would play together and share their toys as well as they work together causing mischief. I was busy organizing a neglected closet that somehow grew a ton of clutter out of nowhere! They were in there with me, busily climbing on the piles of pillows and blankets, and strewing all the baby toys out of the neat pile I was trying to organize them into, when I realized at some point that I couldn't hear the boys anymore, and that the piles I was making were strangly staying in their piles! so I followed their trail out to the garage where they were busying themselves whith a box full of lightbulbs that Pete had left on the floor. There was broken glass everywhere and much laughter going on, until they saw me that is. They were like deer caught in the headlights. They somehow instinctively new that what they were doing was very very bad, or maybe me yelling No! was their first clue? Anyway they didn't want mommy to catch them so they took off running and I was on the chase! I ran Ryan down first, grabbing him and prying the lightbulbs out of his hands, and carried him back into the house, shutting the door behind me as I grumbled stay in the house! Well, I wasn't even half way through the garage tiptoeing around all the broken glass, when he already had the door open and was climbing back down the stairs...little punk.
But that didn't derail me from my next task which was to find Zachy. He was waiting for me on the other side of the pool table in the RV garage, posed for action with a sly little smile on his face and yes, a lightbulb in each hand! I knew the race was on and let me tell you that little punk is fast! So I take off around the pool table and we lap it once, but did I mention he was very fast? So I try the o'l change directions in the middle of the lap, but he is very savy to that game, and pretty much expected that move from me since he just screamed in delight and turned around and headed the other way. So two laps later I caught him, pryed the lightbulbs from his hands and headed back to the house, stoping only to scoop up Ryan AGAIN on the way, prying more lightbulbs from his hands and then locked the door to the garage! For the next hour I had to patrol the house doing damage control to everything they touched. I'm thinking to myself, next time I'll leave the stupid closet cluttered because it's either getting a closet organized at the expese of the entire house, or one messy closet.
So how was your day?
Avenger’s
8 years ago
3 comments:
Omigosh! You described that so well, I could just picture the whole thing.
Don't you just hate it when they think something's a game and you're not at all in the mood for a game?!?
Did you have a little "conversation" with Pete about leaving the light bulbs out?
That was SO hilarious to read, and I could just picture it so well that I can relate to you. I almost felt I was the one chasing them! "Little Punk" :) How fun, and thank goodness they were just light bulbs and not some really expensive glass or china! The things kids can do...
Post a Comment