Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Can someone spare me a hand, or two?

I was at our primary teacher inservice training meeting last night, chatting with the gals, when one friend who has a son a few weeks younger than the twins ask me if I've noticed the twins going through a learning curve. She said her son seemed to be all of a sudden learning so much, new words, singing the alphabet, counting, etc. I racked my brain thinking if the boys were demonstrating some kind of new intelligence that I hadn't noticed, and well, nope....I couldn't come up with a thing. I thought about all the times I sat down on the floor with grand thoughts of peacefully reading a few fun books to them, pointing to the pictures and hearing them try to repeat the words back to me. Then reality hits, and my grand dreams of sweetly reading to my babies as they grow more and more intelligent through every page we turn BLOWS UP IN MY FACE! The reality is that first, it's a fight on who gets to sit on my lap as they push and shove each other and one tries to climb up on my head for the best view, then as I finally situate them, one on each leg, I realize I now can't hold the book and turn the pages with my arms around two kids. But that doesn't really matter, because one of them is already grabbing the book away from me and throwing it across the room while the other cries because he wanted the book!
So in response to my friends question about whether the twins have seemed to be getting smarter all of a sudden? Uh....no. I've come to a peaceful place in my mind that they will eventually learn the alphabet, colors, and numbers.....eventually. But boy can they both roar like a lion better than any other baby I've met! So there!

7 comments:

Sally F said...

You're doing a great job, Kelli! I hadn't really thought of the specifics of twins before--like that you can't even read a book to them! It's a crazy life you lead!

Bekka said...

Kelli, we need to catch up!!!!!!! Umm.. i am your favorite cousin. I should hear from you more.

xoxoxoxoxox

Bekka

Bekka said...

Kelli, we need to catch up!!!!!!! Umm.. i am your favorite cousin. I should hear from you more.

xoxoxoxoxox

Bekka

Bekka said...

Kelli, we need to catch up!!!!!!! Umm.. i am your favorite cousin. I should hear from you more.

xoxoxoxoxox

Bekka

Kelli W. said...

He He He....Bekka, was posting three times in a row a subliminal message for me? Actually I have been thinking about you a lot lately and miss you terribly! Your comments on Sally's blog cracked me up!

SusieQ said...

Excuse me, Bekka, but actually I am Kelli's favorite cousin. I guess you didn't get the memo :)

Sally F said...

Excuse me, people, but the one who cares enough to comment first has GOT to be the favorite cousin! Check it out, I commented like 3 days before Bekka and 4 before Susie!