I was complaining to my Mom tonight about all the mischievous deeds my children pulled off today, and as I took survey to her of all of the random items I found in our pond/water feature...balls, bowls, my silverware and other random kitchen gadgets they got out of my drawer, trash, their coats and shoes, she just started laughing! My frustration was humorous to her...I don't know why me telling her I was in defensive basketball stance shuffling back and forth across the railing of the pond guarding it from more rocks and balls being thrown into it was so funny! Then I remembered my favorite song of the moment by Trace Adkins called You're gonna miss this. And I will. I know when they are all grown I would do anything to have this back again. These are some good times and it really does go by so fast. They are growing and changing so incredibly fast I don't want to miss a minute of it. The boys vocabulary is really growing and it cracks me up with some of the things they have figured out to say. Tonight they were very excited to find some money and put it in their piggy banks. Piggy bank has never sounded so cute! And as I said goodnight, I left their room to the sound of them pretending to snore and be alseep already! They kept this little act up for awhile as I stood outside their door listening and trying not to laugh out loud.
Brooklyn amazes me with the natural compassion she possesses. Tonight for Family Home Evening we sang Love One Another (three times since each child wanted a turn to accompany our singing on the piano) and then read John 15:12 and discussed how we can show love to others. Our activity was to make a get-well card for our neighbor who is in the hospital after having a massive heart attack. She made a beautiful card and expressed her love for him in her card. Then her Daddy took her to the hospital to deliver it. She remembers him in her prayers every night all on her own. She also accompanied me last week to deliver meals to two different families going through a difficult time. She loved helping me carry in the food and was so sweet. She remembered these people in her prayers all on her own as well! She teaches me in so many ways. I never want to forget how sweetly compassionate she was as a little girl. How quickly she forgives and loves me when I have lost my temper with her and how repentant she feels when she has done something to hurt another. It's almost comical how she expresses her sorrow and exclaims that she will never do it again. She reminds me of Shirly Temple the way she pouts her lip and really gets quite dramatic. I hope she never loses these special qualities she possesses right now. I just never want to forget these special times.
Avenger’s
8 years ago
9 comments:
Love it. Thanks for sharing that. You've captured the essence of being a parent--enjoying the whole process, and reminding us to not get too frustrated at things that we'll eventually laugh at anyway.
Amen!
So funny you did a post on this... I, too did one not that long ago. Check it out:
http://toadswildfamily.blogspot.com/2008/04/im-gonna-miss-this.html
Enjoy your babes. They grow so fast.
Hugs!
So sweet. So true! It so amazing to me how one moment my heart just overflows with love for how sweet and cute my Ty is, and the next moment I can be so mad at him! Motherhood is definitely a crazy cool journey!
That is so neat how compassionate Brooklyn is. And it's so neat that you guys teach and show her how to be that way.
Such a sweet post. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy every moment because it will be gone all too soon.
You are going to miss it. I love that song too. Anyway. Brooklyn is so sweet!
Thanks for the reminder. I already wish I could turn back the hands of time sometimes..my kids are growing up so fast. You are doing a good job teaching your kids about service. I need to be better about that. I was chuckling when you described having to sing the fhe song three times because each kid had to have a turn accompanying the song. That is so how our fhe ends up all the time! And I know I will miss it someday.
I love you Kelli and am so happy you posted this. I was laughing at the thought of you in basketball defense stance too. I am in love with your children and so happy that you are their Mother. What a stalwart serving example. No wonder Brooklyn is so compassionate, she has you and pete for parents, seriously.
I've missed your updates and came here to find I have some to catch up on.
Love you! Carry on!
It is all tooo true...when I look down at my babe, especially in the hard days, I realize that what will feel like next week she will be all grown up. Why do we get old so fast? Can't they stay little for just a bit longer? On that thought, going to be with my babe.
I love that song too-it makes me cry every time I hear it. Your words are so true. I hope that I can live more in the moment. Your kids are cute!
Post a Comment